A Gentle Tale of Lust
Into the dark, dank cellar
I lead you by the hand
towards a marble alter
laid with crimson sheets,
surrounded by cold candles
winking their naked eyes.
I feel you shiver against me
as I gently lay you down,
enter your mind
and read your soul.
You are not, yet, ready
to embrace this open flame.
The dim light flickers,
you fall into my eyes,
softly you sigh my name.
As your will evaporates
I slowly enter your skin
awaiting that first, sweet thrill.
Hot liquid fire burns my lips,
yet warms my heart.
Uncovering your dreams
in each anxious beat
I see your desire for me,
I hear your pain.
Alas, my love,
alone I choose to wander
as warm, pleading hands
chill my blood.
You grow pale now,
all life slips from your eyes
which seem to beg me
to set you free.
Don't cry, my sweet,
I fail to hear that naked plea
over the steady pleasure beat
you have given me.
* thanks for switching on the light in the think-tank on this one, Captain Jack
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gentle Tale of Lust by Viola Grey )
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns