Heavy metal is coming to the Arctic
Men will come and grind and drill
And plummet the depths of the Arctic seas
Plundering the wealth hidden in the depths.
The noise of their ships and drilling will
Confuse the great whales as they swim
Looking for krill to eat and survive.
But there is oil in the depths of the Arctic.
How do you treat a polar bear covered in oil?
How do you treat an oil covered walrus?
How many Orca’s and narwhal have to die
When the arctic has been polluted with oil?
Recent years have shown ice in the arctic
Has melted away and polar bears struggle to
Survive. What arctic sunrise awaits them now
That men have come to drill for oil?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Arctic Sunrise by David Wood )
Did you read them?
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver