Sometimes i think
is it good or is it bad to be an apple of one's eyes?
if there was no apple
then God would have selected some other fruit for the existence...
Newton should be grateful in heaven
God does not grow water-melons on trees
or else no Newton, no Gravitational theory...
i see injustice on your part
to have forgotten Blake's Poisonous Apple of grudge
in your poem
as we all implant a poison tree...
Apple of technology
Is an apple of discord among the school kids
Of white-collared parents,
So I don’t like it…
A deceiving fruit
Glossy skin and shine
But is there any guarantee inside?
But even then we need it
If we want to keep the doctor away,
And we need it too
If we want to arrange our poetic images
In an apple-pie order
Just to convey to the reader
What we want…
to all my siblings, there’s my request
For some day If I be your guest
Do not offer to me the BiGG Apple
It’s better to have a simple glass of water
Mixed with purity of affection! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
a must read:
Comments about this poem (Apple (inspired!) by Shahzia Batool )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Life and Death, Rimni chakravarty
- No living is in vain, gajanan mishra
- Insomniac's, Is It Poetry
- Chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Many a bride dreams of this night., Sandra Lynn
- Why the change?, Sandra Lynn