Sometimes i think
is it good or is it bad to be an apple of one's eyes?
if there was no apple
then God would have selected some other fruit for the existence...
Newton should be grateful in heaven
God does not grow water-melons on trees
or else no Newton, no Gravitational theory...
i see injustice on your part
to have forgotten Blake's Poisonous Apple of grudge
in your poem
as we all implant a poison tree...
Apple of technology
Is an apple of discord among the school kids
Of white-collared parents,
So I don’t like it…
A deceiving fruit
Glossy skin and shine
But is there any guarantee inside?
But even then we need it
If we want to keep the doctor away,
And we need it too
If we want to arrange our poetic images
In an apple-pie order
Just to convey to the reader
What we want…
to all my siblings, there’s my request
For some day If I be your guest
Do not offer to me the BiGG Apple
It’s better to have a simple glass of water
Mixed with purity of affection! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
a must read:
Comments about this poem (Apple (inspired!) by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE