i never meant to let you down, you've never said i have but i know i have and im forever sorry for that.when i feel low i think of how much lower you'll fall because i let you down.
it's almost as if i've let you drown because i wasnt watching you.
i'm sorry, you shouldnt have put up with what you do.
you may have been irritating and whetever else but i still loved you.
i feel so guilty because you've seen far too much with your young eyes.
please dont throw your life away and live everyday to the full.
love always, lucy xxx
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (apology by Lucy Grainger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Turned by a wave, Mark Heathcote
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey