Long to belong
At first just a few notes went wrong and I think I picked them up but as my back is turned the song fell apart.
They say that everything has a place to belong but they are wrong.
Now they're gone my tongue is tied.
I feel like a ping pong ball being thrown from pillar to post.
I've no time to breathe or grieve because before long I'm somewhere else.
Where do I belong?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Long to belong by Lucy Grainger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sleep now, hasmukh amathalal
- OUR NEIGHBOR'S BABY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Older, Younger, Both, Joyce Sutphen
- Living in the Body, Joyce Sutphen
- Beggar thy Neighbor, John F. McCullagh
- In Black, Joyce Sutphen
- Ever After, Joyce Sutphen
- Miracle entry, hasmukh amathalal
- Evening Angelus, Joyce Sutphen
- Casino, Joyce Sutphen