Long to belong
At first just a few notes went wrong and I think I picked them up but as my back is turned the song fell apart.
They say that everything has a place to belong but they are wrong.
Now they're gone my tongue is tied.
I feel like a ping pong ball being thrown from pillar to post.
I've no time to breathe or grieve because before long I'm somewhere else.
Where do I belong?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Long to belong by Lucy Grainger )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak