I feel the intensity of your pain,
As I have prayed for years in vain;
For the windmill in my university lane,
Which stands abandoned to be slain.
What a view she would present,
If made to whirl at the wind's current;
Instead she's attired in a rusty vestment,
Standing majestically to be extinct.
This is in response to 'Broken Windmill' by Ms. Marilyn Lott.
Ranjit Ravindran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abandoned Windmill by Ranjit Ravindran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman