I feel the intensity of your pain,
As I have prayed for years in vain;
For the windmill in my university lane,
Which stands abandoned to be slain.
What a view she would present,
If made to whirl at the wind's current;
Instead she's attired in a rusty vestment,
Standing majestically to be extinct.
This is in response to 'Broken Windmill' by Ms. Marilyn Lott.
Ranjit Ravindran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abandoned Windmill by Ranjit Ravindran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA