A World Safe and Sound
Lives lost, breaking
The hearts of all those who live.
It creates a storm
Tears of compassion flow uninterrupted.
A tsunami, a fallen 'craft
An avalanche, a hurricane, or a blistering fire.
Take their toll and as if not enough
We seem to add more in the form of war or terror.
We offer prayers
That there be no more disasters
And the whole world'll be at peace.
Hope our prayers
Will be answered soon
And the world'll be a place safe and sound.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Safe and Sound by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Reaching Her, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Witch, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Wartime, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Summer's Eve, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- City, Indira Renganathan
- FLAME STILL BURNS, Rafique Farooqi
- The Cowards Of The World, Kenneth Winstanley
- A voice from beneath the Earth!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Of All Those, Luis Estable