A World Safe and Sound
Lives lost, breaking
The hearts of all those who live.
It creates a storm
Tears of compassion flow uninterrupted.
A tsunami, a fallen 'craft
An avalanche, a hurricane, or a blistering fire.
Take their toll and as if not enough
We seem to add more in the form of war or terror.
We offer prayers
That there be no more disasters
And the whole world'll be at peace.
Hope our prayers
Will be answered soon
And the world'll be a place safe and sound.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Safe and Sound by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant