A World Safe and Sound
Lives lost, breaking
The hearts of all those who live.
It creates a storm
Tears of compassion flow uninterrupted.
A tsunami, a fallen 'craft
An avalanche, a hurricane, or a blistering fire.
Take their toll and as if not enough
We seem to add more in the form of war or terror.
We offer prayers
That there be no more disasters
And the whole world'll be at peace.
Hope our prayers
Will be answered soon
And the world'll be a place safe and sound.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Safe and Sound by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe