** A TRUE CONFESSION!
A TRUE CONFESSION!
‘This world is never the same dear Lord,
Which you had created in just seven days;
I am one of your many sinful slaves,
Confessing to wash my sins away!
In my young days I never visited your
house of prayers,
Nor did I keep fast on Sabbath Days!
A conceited life I had generally led, -
Losing Your thoughts and going astray!
This world has not remained the same dear
Which You had created in just seven days!
People only think about their pleasures,
Material culture has taken its sway!
Money and sex are like two poles,
On which this world revolves these days!
Only if you intervene dear Lord,
Your erring slaves may yet amend their
Pardon me for my confessions dear Lord,
I fear Your angels don’t inform you these
This world has become very volatile, -
Which you had created in just seven days!
Terrorism now has spread out its wings,
And killing has become a recreational
Humanity has become a forgotten thing,
And people forget to take Your name!
The world is not the same O Lord, -
Which you had created in only seven days!
But your slaves still fear you thunderbolts, -
And only in pain and suffering remember
So accept my humble prayers dear Lord,
And this true confession I now make;
Do not wipe away all our tears dear Lord,
Only then we shall remember to take
Your name! ’
21 Mar 09
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (** A TRUE CONFESSION! by RAJ NANDY )
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns