A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (rus.)
When, world of dreams aspiring as aim
With a high-poetical and elevated soul,
You keep a lyre on your knees and handle
It with the impatient fingers so,
That dreams are coming in a row before eyes
In mists of tales, in the fairy of dark
And the momental cold of the spark
Of inspiration waves your hair's bundle, -
You're right, and you create for ones,
Who're not the lawers jealous, thus,
Not the collectors poor of the alien
Thoughts and the assessments, news,
But for the friends of the real talented,
Keen friends of the core of truth.
Not many people have the happiness,
Nor many ones feel weight of crown.
And blessed is that man, who remembers
The high-poetical sultry power!
Who got acknowledged with the beauty
And fetched it to his storage fair
And your elation understood, too,
As his delight so light and glaring.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)