A Poet And Love
The Mississippi-Missouri may dry up one day,
But not a poet's heart. Streams of unrestrained
Feelings continually meander through his mind.
Though, not always, may they produce a poem.
Love, or lack of it, manifests in a poet's works.
If he has known love, he soothes the parched
Hearts of the lovelorn with a sprinkle of it. If not,
His yearnings beat the cry of a lonely, distant dove.
08 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Poet And Love by Khairul Ahsan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Henry David Thoreau
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Realisation, hafiz qasim
- What does darkness mean to you?, Jeremy Horsford
- The Way It Used To Be, Michael P. McParland
- A Cigarette's Butt-end, Abu Sufian
- PH: Love: Oh Let...!, Brian Johnston
- The Sweetness, Michael P. McParland
- Keep Heart, Francie Lynch
- Shall appeal, hasmukh amathalal
- collecting the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...
- The Storm, Michael P. McParland