A Poet And Love
The Mississippi-Missouri may dry up one day,
But not a poet's heart. Streams of unrestrained
Feelings continually meander through his mind.
Though, not always, may they produce a poem.
Love, or lack of it, manifests in a poet's works.
If he has known love, he soothes the parched
Hearts of the lovelorn with a sprinkle of it. If not,
His yearnings beat the cry of a lonely, distant dove.
08 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Poet And Love by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra