A Poet's Dilemma With Truth
Whatever the poet's eyes see,
And his mind imagines,
And his pen elaborates,
Or whatever is written,
In his unseen note book,
Are all true and beautiful?
The poet knows deep in his heart,
The colorful lotus that dances afloat,
Has her root anchored in the dirty mud.
Only above water she blossoms from the bud.
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty',
Poets glorify beauty with truth.
knowing or not, the root of beauty,
May lie buried in ugliness, in sooth.
06 July 2013
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Poet's Dilemma With Truth by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston