A Gentle Touch
When you touch me, I can say it's you
Even if my eyes are closed.
For your palms are like text books
That I've read so many times over,
And so they appear so familiar.
When your breath falls on my back,
I can say it's you, without turning around,
For my back has known no other warmth.
All know a soft touch gives goosebumps,
Who knows a silent breath too can do that?
When we hold each other lip locked,
Our tongues do the talking and explore
Like an adventurer to an unknown land.
No force can open your closed eye lids,
Until the tongue talking is over.
A gentle touch, yes a gentle touch!
Can spark two bodies afire.
Neither wants it to remain gentle,
As they want to explode in unison,
And gently cool like an extinguishing fire.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
04 July 2013
Comments about this poem (A Gentle Touch by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz