I am a girl without happy heart,
I stay alone among unreal friends.
I am not actress but I play my part
It`s not amazing and no fear lends.
I am a girl, who looks into your mind,
I write your story in unusual way.
They say I`m clever, fun and even kind,
And maybe you like angel call me may.
I am a girl, just little girl at all,
But have some power see another world,
If you are sad you can for help me call,
My heart is brave when your`s forever cold.
I am a girl and future will be mine.
Like harlequin I go through our life.
My novels are no perfect but all fine…
I`ll be a writer and somebody`s wife…
I cannot change forever every thought,
But I make you to think about love.
My heart is clean, like sunshine, bright and hot.
I`ll go with it through all world, or just half…
Like harlequin I`ll send to you a dream,
I`ll take your hand and never leave your mind.
My thought flies like frosty water stream…
Don`t be afraid, remember I am kind.
I`ll never use your soul for my fun,
I`ll give a lot of happiness to you,
But I ask you, please, stop me when I run,
And sing a song for me not old but new.
I ask you, please, make me forever smile,
With my heart see your eyes which are so clean.
I`ll go to you so far, mile after mile…
I am a girl and funny harlequin.
Ekaterina Polischuk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Harlequin by Ekaterina Polischuk )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)