RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Brokenness Inside
Life is so lonely for everyone on earth.
We try to fill our time here with people, things and lists to do, but loneliness is always inherently within us, taunting us with it's disregard of love and happiness.
Old or young, when people we have placed in our lives - through marriage or friendship - die or leave us for someone else, we are left with a gaping hole - a total emptiness for the rest of our days.
It's far beyond just sadness - it's a brokenness held deeply in our souls.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brokenness Inside by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra