A.Blok, The cold wind from a lagoon... - translation (rus.)
The cold wind from a lagoon.
The silent coffins of gondolas.
I, in that night - so ill, and young so -
Had stretched myself against a lion.
There on tower, with a song irony,
The giants tolls in that night hour.
Mark sank in the lagoon, all moonlit,
Iconostas, patterned all over.
In darkness of the palace's gallery,
Slightly with moon illuminated,
Hiding from all, with my head on the plate,
Bloodstained, there goes Salomeya.
All 'round sleep - the palaces and channels,
And also the people, only the sliding step
Of ghost, and only the staring
Of head, filled with the anguish bad.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, The cold wind from a lagoon... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra