A.Blok, The cold wind from a lagoon... - translation (rus.)
The cold wind from a lagoon.
The silent coffins of gondolas.
I, in that night - so ill, and young so -
Had stretched myself against a lion.
There on tower, with a song irony,
The giants tolls in that night hour.
Mark sank in the lagoon, all moonlit,
Iconostas, patterned all over.
In darkness of the palace's gallery,
Slightly with moon illuminated,
Hiding from all, with my head on the plate,
Bloodstained, there goes Salomeya.
All 'round sleep - the palaces and channels,
And also the people, only the sliding step
Of ghost, and only the staring
Of head, filled with the anguish bad.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, The cold wind from a lagoon... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yes, I am a man, gajanan mishra