A.Blok, Oh My Lovely, My Prince... - Translation (Rus.)
Oh my lovely, my prince and my bridegroom!
You are sad in the painted meadow.
I've curled as a dodder on other bank soon
Among golden grassland in a shadow.
I'm catching your dreams by the flower pale,
Which is also white and transparent.
You will rample me flourishing there
By the whitechested horse without care.
Oh, let's crush immortality all, -
I'm keeping the fire alive.
So shy I'll light candle for you in a church
At matins, when I pray in delight.
In the church you'll stand with a pale such face,
To the mother of god you will go, -
And the fire will suddenly slighly vibrate
As response of her wonderful mercy.
Above you - as a taper - I'm silent and smooth.
And before you - as a flower - gentle.
I'm waiting for you, oh my lovely bridegroom.
I'm a bride - and a wife your's forever.
26 march 1904
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Vladimir Sidorov
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, Oh My Lovely, My Prince... - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi