Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
A birthday: Far too long
Far too long I have been wandering
in all seasons even summer and spring
and at times I have lost, at other times
I had experienced the kindness that you bring
and at times in vain
I have tried to conquer destiny with pain,
have just been struggling on
right through sunshine and rain
and suddenly my life has changed
almost as the divine had it rearranged
with the sun shining down warmly
on me once estranged
and at my birthday, my love is here
with tender care, more sweet and sincere.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.