Gert Strydom was born in 1964 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He matriculated at Estcourt High School after which he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.) at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, Michigan, U.S.A.) and apart from being a poet and writer he is an accountant by profession.
He was called up for compulsory national service in the South African defence force (SADF) for a period of two years during the time of the South African border / bush war and while following his profession was called up for several compulsory camps for several months as a member of the South African Citizen’s force and did partake in the National Colours Parade and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Naboth's vineyard -new-
- Maybe There Is A Deep Secret -new-
- During the night I am travelling to you -new-
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale -new-
- Inferno -new-
- Evening conversation -new-
- In The Middle Of The Week You Did Come T... -new-
- How Many Times -new-
- The Destruction Of Sodom (Tennyson-Turne... -new-
- On The Quay I Am Alone -new-
- In The Moonlight False Bay Looks Untouch... -new-
- Kiss me softly as if in make believe (No... -new-
- Man's last goodbye -new-
- The old pastor -new-
- Invictus (a reply to William Ernest Henl...
- Angel of the morning light
- But then I met you
- Space Haiku’s
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- The Rugby player
- On the island
- In the Fruit and Veg
- Haiku’s of love
- To me you are the most beautiful woman
- Stopping At The Woods On A Snowy Evening...
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- Where trees stand in the winter night as...
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)