Gert Strydom was born in 1964 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He matriculated at Estcourt High School after which he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.) at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, Michigan, U.S.A.) and apart from being a poet and writer he is an accountant by profession.
He was called up for compulsory national service in the South African defence force (SADF) for a period of two years during the time of the South African border / bush war and while following his profession was called up for several compulsory camps for several months as a member of the South African Citizen’s force and did partake in the National Colours Parade and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Sleep on gently my love -new-
- Tonight the sky is cloudless and clear -new-
- I want to love you more -new-
- Sometimes I wonder if you know the Morse... -new-
- That you are beautiful -new-
- Morning -new-
- A moment (Rubliw) -new-
- When I admire you (Rubliw) -new-
- If I cannot find you -new-
- I had dreamt of you -new-
- With you (Rubliw) -new-
- We are like two flowers (Rubliw) -new-
- How sadly I have been absent in this spr...
- I miss you very much (Rubliw)
- Invictus (a reply to William Ernest Henl...
- Space Haiku’s
- But then I met you
- Angel of the morning light
- Haiku’s at the end of a relationship
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- Haiku’s of love
- Nightmares (English sonnet)
- It was the way you were (Terzanelle)
- I Love You (Villanelle)
- Flickering the flame of a candle burns
- A Poem On My Darling’s Birthday
- a Resting place
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)