Gert Strydom was born in 1964 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He matriculated at Estcourt High School after which he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.) at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, Michigan, U.S.A.) and apart from being a poet and writer he is an accountant by profession.
He was called up for compulsory national service in the South African defence force (SADF) for a period of two years during the time of the South African border / bush war and while following his profession was called up for several compulsory camps for several months as a member of the South African Citizen’s force and did partake in the National Colours Parade and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Around us the whispering rain falls -new-
- In the garden  -new-
- In the garden -new-
- Eagerly I want to go with you -new-
- Love is far more than just lust or desir... -new-
- She brings me the greatest kind of delig... -new-
- Metallurgy -new-
- Simeon -new-
- Caedmon -new-
- Naboth's vineyard -new-
- Maybe There Is A Deep Secret -new-
- During the night I am travelling to you -new-
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale -new-
- Inferno -new-
- Invictus (a reply to William Ernest Henl...
- Angel of the morning light
- On the island
- But then I met you
- Space Haiku’s
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- A Poem On My Darling’s Birthday
- Ozymandias (in reply to Percy Bysshe She...
- The Solitary Reaper
- An Abandoned Bundle (in answer to Mbuyi...
- The red breasted dove
- Haiku’s of love
- a Resting place
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)