Gert Strydom was born in 1964 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He matriculated at Estcourt High School after which he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.) at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, Michigan, U.S.A.) and apart from being a poet and writer he is an accountant by profession.
He was called up for compulsory national service in the South African defence force (SADF) for a period of two years during the time of the South African border / bush war and while following his profession was called up for several compulsory camps for several months as a member of the South African Citizen’s force and did partake in the National Colours Parade and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Arrival  -new-
- Far away -new-
- The bee-box -new-
- To Be A Explorer -new-
- Throughout My Life I Am Trying To Know G... -new-
- There Are Rooms Of The Heart -new-
- The sea is calm -new-
- When death's fingers do me touch -new-
- The soft brown earth lies under me -new-
- Outside there's a brigade -new-
- Come live with me  -new-
- Come live with me -new-
- While the year does skeleton -new-
- At Night The Fragrances -new-
- Invictus (a reply to William Ernest Henl...
- Space Haiku’s
- But then I met you
- Angel of the morning light
- An Abandoned Bundle (in answer to Mbuyi...
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- Haiku’s of love
- Nightmares (English sonnet)
- On the island
- The Rugby player
- Sperm Cells (Rondelet)
- I Love You (Villanelle)
- a Resting place
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)