Gert Strydom was born in 1964 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He matriculated at Estcourt High School after which he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.) at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, Michigan, U.S.A.) and apart from being a poet and writer he is an accountant by profession.
He was called up for compulsory national service in the South African defence force (SADF) for a period of two years during the time of the South African border / bush war and while following his profession was called up for several compulsory camps for several months as a member of the South African Citizen’s force and did partake in the National Colours Parade and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet... -new-
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame... -new-
- Long before my birth (cavatina) -new-
- Absalom -new-
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava... -new-
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe... -new-
- Poetry (cavatina) -new-
- To a loved one that died -new-
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina... -new-
- I wonder if all men long for a girl… (ca... -new-
- From Adam
- The Current Johannesburg
- Pretoria (Cavatina)
- Invictus (a reply to William Ernest Henl...
- Angel of the morning light
- Space Haiku’s
- But then I met you
- Nightmares (English sonnet)
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- The Rugby player
- A Poem On My Darling’s Birthday
- An Abandoned Bundle (in answer to Mbuyi...
- Haiku’s of love
- Being bilingual
- Haiku’s at the end of a relationship
- Flickering the flame of a candle burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)