21st December: The End Of The World
Every family comes together, we stay hand in hand with friends,
We make peace with those we hate for there's hardly any time to make amends.
Tsunamis and volcanoes, for many years did we fend,
But on the 21st of December, the world will come to an end.
For centuries and millennia, with nature we have toyed,
And now nature will finally take us into the eternal void.
Tsunamis thousands of feet high will throw us in turmoil,
While the volcanoes' fearful flames above the land does boil.
This event will do more harm than ever done by bomb or gun,
Faced against this terrible end, all people will be one.
Along with the other animals, the human race will fall,
Against the enormous forces of nature, we will all feel so small.
Will we be on earth tomorrow or will we be in hell?
Will we live or will we die? Only time can tell.
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (21st December: The End Of The World by Varun Sivashankar )
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)