21st December: The End Of The World
Every family comes together, we stay hand in hand with friends,
We make peace with those we hate for there's hardly any time to make amends.
Tsunamis and volcanoes, for many years did we fend,
But on the 21st of December, the world will come to an end.
For centuries and millennia, with nature we have toyed,
And now nature will finally take us into the eternal void.
Tsunamis thousands of feet high will throw us in turmoil,
While the volcanoes' fearful flames above the land does boil.
This event will do more harm than ever done by bomb or gun,
Faced against this terrible end, all people will be one.
Along with the other animals, the human race will fall,
Against the enormous forces of nature, we will all feel so small.
Will we be on earth tomorrow or will we be in hell?
Will we live or will we die? Only time can tell.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (21st December: The End Of The World by Varun Sivashankar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge