21st December: The End Of The World
Every family comes together, we stay hand in hand with friends,
We make peace with those we hate for there's hardly any time to make amends.
Tsunamis and volcanoes, for many years did we fend,
But on the 21st of December, the world will come to an end.
For centuries and millennia, with nature we have toyed,
And now nature will finally take us into the eternal void.
Tsunamis thousands of feet high will throw us in turmoil,
While the volcanoes' fearful flames above the land does boil.
This event will do more harm than ever done by bomb or gun,
Faced against this terrible end, all people will be one.
Along with the other animals, the human race will fall,
Against the enormous forces of nature, we will all feel so small.
Will we be on earth tomorrow or will we be in hell?
Will we live or will we die? Only time can tell.
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (21st December: The End Of The World by Varun Sivashankar )
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam