100s Of Years
Trees can live for hundreds of years,
They well know to live together!
They tuft to earth, as child's to mom,
Light, water, and air they do share!
When storm does come they low their heads,
To show him respect out of fear!
The branches welcome, greet and laugh.
Leaves dance with the beat of the air.
The roots sometimes, take hold of each,
Thus, they make bridge, over the ditch.
What men ignore, they may do care
And mend that always, just to teach.
They whisper, and send their message,
Thru breeze, and soil, thru ether-
If nature lives, then all can live...
We should do that which can help her.
Hundreds, hundreds years they can live,
In warm friendship, fraternity.
But, we, intelligent creatures,
Can't keep this nature's sanctity!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (100s Of Years by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed