100s Of Years
Trees can live for hundreds of years,
They well know to live together!
They tuft to earth, as child's to mom,
Light, water, and air they do share!
When storm does come they low their heads,
To show him respect out of fear!
The branches welcome, greet and laugh.
Leaves dance with the beat of the air.
The roots sometimes, take hold of each,
Thus, they make bridge, over the ditch.
What men ignore, they may do care
And mend that always, just to teach.
They whisper, and send their message,
Thru breeze, and soil, thru ether-
If nature lives, then all can live...
We should do that which can help her.
Hundreds, hundreds years they can live,
In warm friendship, fraternity.
But, we, intelligent creatures,
Can't keep this nature's sanctity!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (100s Of Years by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- With dignity, hasmukh amathalal
- Aurat, Bano Ali
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)