100s Of Years
Trees can live for hundreds of years,
They well know to live together!
They tuft to earth, as child's to mom,
Light, water, and air they do share!
When storm does come they low their heads,
To show him respect out of fear!
The branches welcome, greet and laugh.
Leaves dance with the beat of the air.
The roots sometimes, take hold of each,
Thus, they make bridge, over the ditch.
What men ignore, they may do care
And mend that always, just to teach.
They whisper, and send their message,
Thru breeze, and soil, thru ether-
If nature lives, then all can live...
We should do that which can help her.
Hundreds, hundreds years they can live,
In warm friendship, fraternity.
But, we, intelligent creatures,
Can't keep this nature's sanctity!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (100s Of Years by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A doggerel coin!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)