Joachim du Bellay
Joachim du Bellay was a French poet, critic, and a member of the Pléiade.
Joachim Du Bellay was born at the Château of La Turmelière, not far from Liré, near Angers, being the son of Jean du Bellay, Lord of Gonnor, first cousin of the cardinal Jean du Bellay and of Guillaume du Bellay. His mother was Renée Chabot, daughter of Perceval Chabot and heiress of La Turmelière (Plus me plaît le séjour qu'ont bâti mes aïeux).
Both his parents died while he was still a child, and he was left to the guardianship of his elder brother, René du Bellay, who neglected his education, leaving him to run wild at La Turmelière. When he was twenty-three, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A Sonnet To Heavenly Beauty
- A Vow to Heavenly Venus
- Vision (original French)
- Hymm to the Winds
- Après avoir longtemps erré sur le rivage
- To a Friend in Elysium
- Astres cruels, et vous dieux inhumains
- Cent fois plus qu'à louer on se plaît à ...
- Ce n'est pas sans propos qu'en vous le c...
- Cependant qu'au palais de procès tu devi...
- Au Roi
- Autant comme l'on peut en un autre langa...
- Ce n'est le fleuve tusque au superbe riv...
Comments about Joachim du Bellay
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)