Joachim du Bellay
Joachim du Bellay was a French poet, critic, and a member of the Pléiade.
Joachim Du Bellay was born at the Château of La Turmelière, not far from Liré, near Angers, being the son of Jean du Bellay, Lord of Gonnor, first cousin of the cardinal Jean du Bellay and of Guillaume du Bellay. His mother was Renée Chabot, daughter of Perceval Chabot and heiress of La Turmelière (Plus me plaît le séjour qu'ont bâti mes aïeux).
Both his parents died while he was still a child, and he was left to the guardianship of his elder brother, René du Bellay, who neglected his education, leaving him to run wild at La Turmelière. When he was twenty-three, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Comme le champ semé en verdure foisonne
- Ceux qui sont amoureux, leurs amours cha...
- Au Roi
- Espérez-vous que la postérité
- A Sonnet To Heavenly Beauty
- Heureux celui qui peut longtemps suivre ...
- Les Antiquités de Rome
- Un plus savant que moi, Paschal, ira son...
- A son livre
- Je me ferai savant en la philosophie
- Nouveau venu, qui cherches Rome en Rome
- To a Friend in Elysium
- Chant du désespéré
Comments about Joachim du Bellay
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)