Greg Davidson Poems
- Mourning, Forbidding A Valed... He still remains. Do ...
- Black Dog A black dog follows me, No collar nor a lead, ...
- First Steps First steps, Unsteady and unsure, Taking ...
- Empty Rooms Old and empty rooms, The places in my ...
- Fruit Of Love Your seed of love is sown, And in time will ...
- Mynah Birds And Passing Memori... - Thoughts of a dementia ...
- # A Reminiscence Of The Portru...
I began to write poetry of sorts in my twenties. Occasionally, in times of either deep angst or quiet solitary elation a muse would gift me with words. These times proved to be a blessing, and oft times a catharsis, for the emotional chaos that bubbled over me. As distractions were added to my life; job, wife, family and the mundane priorities that accompany them my muse paid me very few ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Greg Davidson
Mourning, Forbidding A Valediction
He still remains.
Do not say that he is gone.
His memory lives within your mind
As long as thought remains,
His spirit lives within your heart
As long as life sustains.
Mourn, but do not mourn for long.
Mourn for the future times not shared.
These things are not true, not real,
But only dreams of what might have been,
So do not mourn for long.
Mourn, but remember too,
The love he had for all of you,
The joys you shared, his smile,
His wisdom and compassion.
For these things are both real and true.
He is not gone,