Old and empty rooms,
The places in my heart
For near forgotten memories
Of now departed friends.
Random thoughts float
Drifting as a dust mote
Through narrow beams of light,
For a moment, bright,
By unseen hand tossed,
Until in shadow lost.
I sit midst aging memory
Like well worn furniture,
Draped in white linen,
Vague, detail hidden.
Throw open the curtains,
Let in the light.
Banish thoughts of gloom. Away!
Throw open the windows.
Let in the air,
Fresh with scents of a new day.
Repair for new guests.
Prepare to be blessed.
Greg Davidson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Empty Rooms by Greg Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey