Eugene Levich Poems
- To Paint The Portrait Of A Bir...
- A Thousand Poems- (In Honor Of...
- Souls Souls I wonder if monkeys have souls. Their DNA and...
- Catskill Winter,2015 Blowing snow And it ain't ...
- Tragedy And Comedy Tragedy and Comedy So intertwined! We ...
- The Complaints Of The Dead Sui... -new-
- Who Is Bri? ... Written At 6 A...
Doctorate in Far Eastern Languages and Civilizations, the University of Chicago. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To Paint The Portrait Of A Bird... By Jacques Prévert
First paint a cage
With an open door
For the bird
Then place the canvas against a tree
In a garden
In a wood
Or in a forest
Hide yourself behind the tree
Sometimes the bird will arrive soon
But it could also easily take many years
For it to decide
Wait if necessary for years
The rapidity or slowness of the arrival of the bird
Has no connection with the success of the painting
When the bird arrives
If it ...