Avinash Nair Poems
- Sound Of Silence Unseen, unheeded strands of existence, ...
- The Woman There, under the stuttering street light, She ...
- Existence When time passes as time does, Without you ...
- The Beggar Thin, unnoticed she moves, Amidst the ...
- Kiss I hold her close to me, So close, so near, That we ...
- A Sojourn Solitary Traveller Again, he embarks on this ...
- For Love Is For love is, that fleeting feeling Of warmth in ...
Avinash is one of the most talented poets I have ever known. His heart-touching poems not only reach one’s soul, but his skilful play with words shows his dexterity and his comfort with the English language. Avinash is a philosopher- poet and his deep thinking about the various problems that assail the society which are reflected in his poems. Occasionally he deviates from his concern with the society and writes a romantic poem like ‘The Kiss’. He is not only concerned with his role in the society but his sharp eyes also detect the plight of women and in one of his poems, he has touched the issue of prostitution. The pain of the woman is skilfully etched with words. It is as if he has ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Avinash Nair
Sound Of Silence
Unseen, unheeded strands of existence,
Unheard is their Sound of Silence,
Dark faces smeared with dirt,
With traces of fear and hurt.
That occasional sound,
The audible pain, is the essence
Of their Sound Of Silence.
Lurking in darkness,
What a sight!
Craving for a willingness,
Or least a pretence,
Is how they express their Sound of Silence.