Sukumar Ray Poems
- The Power Of Music When summer comes, we hear the hums ...
- Baburam The Snake Charmer Hullo, there Baburam – what have ...
- The Rule Of 21 In Shiva's homeland, the rules are quite ...
- The Suitable Groom Heard your daughter's getting married, ...
- The Sons Of Ramgaroo To the sons of Ramgaroo Laughter is ...
- The Missing Whiskers They always knew the Boss babu To be a ...
- Uuncle's Invention Chandidas's uncle has invented a ...
Sukumar Ray was a Bengali humorous poet, story writer and playwright. As perhaps the most famous Indian practitioner of literary nonsense, he is often compared to Lewis Carroll. His works such as the collection of poems "Aboltabol" "HaJaBaRaLa" , short story collection "Pagla Dashu" and play "Chalachittachanchari" are considered nonsense masterpieces equal in stature to Alice in Wonderland, and are regarded as some of the greatest treasures of Bangla literature. More than 80 years after his death, Ray remains one of the most popular of children's writers in both West Bengal and Bangladesh.
Sukumar Ray was the son of famous children's story... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sukumar Ray
The Power Of Music
When summer comes, we hear the hums
Bhisma Lochan Sharma.
You catch his strain on hill and plain from Delhi
down to Burma
He sings as though he's staked his life, he sings
as though he's hell-bent;
The people, dazed,retire amazed although they
know it's well-meant.
They're trampled in the panic rout or languish
pale and sickly,
And plead,'My friend, we're near our end,oh
stop your singing quickly! '
The bullock-carts are overturned, and ...