You're the Best Part of Me
Make me feel the way you used to
When you loved me so.
Take me back to all those times
You’d never let me go.
Those are the memories I live for now.
‘Cant get them out of my mind.
The more I try to forget them
The more they’re there I find.
*** Because you are a part of me,
the part that no one else could be.
For they can’t make me feel like this.
And they would always make me miss
Every little thing you’ve done to me.
‘Cause baby, you’re the best part of me.
Let me hear your voice so low
Whispering in my ear.
Tell me that your love’s still mine,
Words I still can hear.
I remember every word you said.
I remember each sweet sound.
They never seem to leave me.
They’ve always stayed around.
Words and Music by
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're the Best Part of Me by Edwina Reizer )
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)