You're the Best Part of Me
Make me feel the way you used to
When you loved me so.
Take me back to all those times
You’d never let me go.
Those are the memories I live for now.
‘Cant get them out of my mind.
The more I try to forget them
The more they’re there I find.
*** Because you are a part of me,
the part that no one else could be.
For they can’t make me feel like this.
And they would always make me miss
Every little thing you’ve done to me.
‘Cause baby, you’re the best part of me.
Let me hear your voice so low
Whispering in my ear.
Tell me that your love’s still mine,
Words I still can hear.
I remember every word you said.
I remember each sweet sound.
They never seem to leave me.
They’ve always stayed around.
Words and Music by
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're the Best Part of Me by Edwina Reizer )
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)