Peeking through the dusty sand,
like a mountain firm I stand.
Scorching heat turns into drops of dew,
but still I stand to catch a glimpse of You...
Slowly the dark clouds above me gather,
but I stay calm and I don't bother.
With a roar the skies then rain,
yet I stand cause its 'You' I have to gain...
Nomatter how hard the cold wind blows,
and nomatter how chilled my breath gets as it snows.
With my heels dug in the ground,
I shall wait for 'You' around...
For 'You' are nothing but my Second-half,
and 'You' are the reason why I joyfully laugh.
You are my relief and You are my comfort,
You are like an Oasis in the ruthless barren Desert...
When from far I take your glance,
in a jiffy I'm thrown in Trance.
And when You gradually towards me advance,
I don't want misfortune to take its chance.
So I run to hold You tight,
and no force can stop me with all its might...
I'm overwhelmed as you are nomore distant,
You look into my eyes and its the most beautiful instant.
Uncomfortable silence between us grows,
without saying a word I just hold You close.
A sigh of relief I give to finally have 'You' near by,
while I wonder- now I should live or peacefully die...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('You' by Sujay Patekar )
- What's happen?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- PH: Humor: Women6Verses9Men - Who's On T.., Brian Johnston
- forgetting he-huckleberry, I ring-around.., Harindhar Reddy
- Ninja Nejla, Muzaffer Akin
- Design of Life, Rohit Sapra
- My Dear, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Daisies, Eugene Levich
- A Description Of Mercy, Giles Fletcher The Younger
- Until You Came Along, Shakeela Kingzley
- If you forget, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)