Peeking through the dusty sand,
like a mountain firm I stand.
Scorching heat turns into drops of dew,
but still I stand to catch a glimpse of You...
Slowly the dark clouds above me gather,
but I stay calm and I don't bother.
With a roar the skies then rain,
yet I stand cause its 'You' I have to gain...
Nomatter how hard the cold wind blows,
and nomatter how chilled my breath gets as it snows.
With my heels dug in the ground,
I shall wait for 'You' around...
For 'You' are nothing but my Second-half,
and 'You' are the reason why I joyfully laugh.
You are my relief and You are my comfort,
You are like an Oasis in the ruthless barren Desert...
When from far I take your glance,
in a jiffy I'm thrown in Trance.
And when You gradually towards me advance,
I don't want misfortune to take its chance.
So I run to hold You tight,
and no force can stop me with all its might...
I'm overwhelmed as you are nomore distant,
You look into my eyes and its the most beautiful instant.
Uncomfortable silence between us grows,
without saying a word I just hold You close.
A sigh of relief I give to finally have 'You' near by,
while I wonder- now I should live or peacefully die...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('You' by Sujay Patekar )
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah