Too occupied to cast a smile, too engrossed to ponder a while....
Longing and craving for a moment so solitary,
The emptiness of which makes me complete and free...
A cup of tea, a book i fancy, a friend to converse,
All this is lost but like chasing a rainbow making every step a curse...
A day shall come, where with Sun i too shall rise,
Breaking all the shackles of doom, i shall aim towards the skies...
Nomore fear, nomore tacenda,
No abstinence from speaking...
A state so happy that to me paradise shall come seeking...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Solace' by Sujay Patekar )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)