My life is nothing but a jumble of words,
Like a hunter boggled while aiming at a flock of birds.
A wrong letter can change the complete sense,
A right one can take me across the fence.
A harsh word can make one insult-felt,
A sugar-mellowed tongue can make one's heart melt.
A high tone can fetch me with eyebrows raised,
A sober pitch can end the talk embraced.
At the end of the day, I wanna part with a smile,
So I choose my words that will win hearts as I pass while.
Its not just words that are fake and hollow,
But are the emotions on lips coming from a heart that's not shallow.
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (''Words'' by Sujay Patekar )
- My Ray Ban Glasses, Md. Ziaul Haque
- ] [, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Rose and Its Thorns, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I have Learnt How to Live without Tears, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Transliteration of My Promise to You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Why do You Love Me So Much?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sense of Discrimination, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Christ, the King Fights Our Wars, Dr John Celes
- Within The System, Katherine Nordhaus
- Another, Katelin Taylor
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)