My life is nothing but a jumble of words,
Like a hunter boggled while aiming at a flock of birds.
A wrong letter can change the complete sense,
A right one can take me across the fence.
A harsh word can make one insult-felt,
A sugar-mellowed tongue can make one's heart melt.
A high tone can fetch me with eyebrows raised,
A sober pitch can end the talk embraced.
At the end of the day, I wanna part with a smile,
So I choose my words that will win hearts as I pass while.
Its not just words that are fake and hollow,
But are the emotions on lips coming from a heart that's not shallow.
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (''Words'' by Sujay Patekar )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard