My life is nothing but a jumble of words,
Like a hunter boggled while aiming at a flock of birds.
A wrong letter can change the complete sense,
A right one can take me across the fence.
A harsh word can make one insult-felt,
A sugar-mellowed tongue can make one's heart melt.
A high tone can fetch me with eyebrows raised,
A sober pitch can end the talk embraced.
At the end of the day, I wanna part with a smile,
So I choose my words that will win hearts as I pass while.
Its not just words that are fake and hollow,
But are the emotions on lips coming from a heart that's not shallow.
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (''Words'' by Sujay Patekar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie