Yes, I am a Warrior,
A Warrior of courage and hope.
Despair and fear are my adversaries,
And with destiny I have to cope.
I fight a battle as ruthless as them,
Who bravely make the enemies in their own blood sink.
Except, I don't wait for any orders to fire,
With gun as my pen & bullet as my ink.
I fight a war which began to never end,
In a place where you can run but never hide.
Only words to attack & words to defend,
The culprit who is our own dark side.
I write the cries, I write the laments,
I write the untold brutal tales.
When I rip off the veil of filthy lies,
Only the naked truth is what prevails.
Every malevolence is followed by guilt,
For strangling a million dreams.
I write those bruises given to the naive,
I bring to surface those buried screams.
I write of those who were shot to death,
Whose voices could never be heard.
That Father who was burnt before his son,
For the truth that he had uttered.
Every man is like another's reflection in water,
Just a few spoil it by the ripples.
Giving pain to the weak can give one a gait of a lion,
But deep-down inside he shamefully cripples.
For the muffled many in the here and the now,
I am a roar as I keep writing.
With gun as my pen & bullet as my ink,
I am a Warrior as I keep fighting...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Warrior' by Sujay Patekar )
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)