Why Don't You?
When you mock me
when you are in mask,
how can your lover-heart,
commit that- - May I ask?
Technically, you tied
me with your mechanical heart,
Oh! I can sense it
without tracking your part!
I swallow your mockery,
I swallow your hatred,
I swallow every insult,
from you, is it my fate?
Your silence in hateful slang,
your feigned friendship,
slam my throbbing part with bang.
Still, I'm quilting for you,
a patch-work of passion,
love and whatever soft-feelings I have.
They act for you as tender action!
Why don't you go away from
me with tricky ware and apps?
I don't need to stay in you,
with machines and traps!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Don't You? by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
Sir Walter Scott
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque