Whumplethump goes Missing (Conclusion)
I dropped what I was doing
And rushed into the house,
I thought with all the noise she'd made
She might have seen a mouse.
But she wasn't on the table
Or stood upon a chair,
In fact, she seemed quite normal
Which, for her, was rare!
Although love her lots, and lots
She sometimes can be odd,
I remember once, she said
That dad thought he was God!
I don't know why she said that
Coz he doesn't have a beard,
But then again, I've heard it said
That both of them are weird!
It didn't help when late one night
Dad painted our house blue,
Then added an extension
Which he turned into a zoo.
It houses snakes and lizards
And a crocodile with gout,
We also had a Billy goat
But one day he got out.
We didn't know that he'd escaped
Till next door rang the bell,
'Your goat is in our garden'
He's creating merry hell!
'He's chewed up half the washing'
'And now he's at the flowers.'
Dad said 'I'll come and get him'
'Are you certain that he's ours? '
'Who else could he belong to? '
'He's not a normal goat, '
'He's got a bowler hat on'
'And a multi- colored coat! '
'Oh, yes, that sounds like William'
'He's really very vain, '
'I've told him not to wear that coat'
'Not even in the rain! '
Dad went next door and captured Will
And brought him back to ours,
Then sat him down, and lectured him
On fashion sense, for hours.
I don't think Will was much impressed
The next day he left home,
He took his coat and Bowler Hat
And double-sided comb.
I said to Mum, 'I heard you shout'
'Is anything amiss? '
She picked me up and hugged me
Giving me a sloppy kiss.
'Your Dad's just phoned and told me'
'Some news I think you'll like, '
'He's sure he's spotted Whumplethump'
'With Will, they're on your bike! '
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whumplethump goes Missing (Conclusion) by Owain Glyn )
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)