Homes for Gnomes
Would you give a gnome a home?
Sit him down on sculpted foam?
Find a pleasant shaded spot,
Not too cold, and not to hot.
Somewhere by your Goldfish pool,
They do like water, as a rule.
You'll need to keep your pet dog, clear,
Don't want him pissing in his ear.
And if you've got a crazy cat,
You'll need to just get rid of that.
As for the kids, don't be a fool,
Just send them off to private school.
The pleasure you will get is real,
Such happiness, you can't conceal.
A new dimension to your life,
And he won't nag, not like the wife! !
We bought one, the other day,
To be quite fair, it's in the way.
The bedroom really ain't the place,
To see its grinning, evil face.
Every time that I undress,
I feel it staring, I confess.
It seems to laugh, in measured glee,
Then, it's fishing rod, I see.
So, please, give a Gnome a home,
I'm sitting here, right by the phone......
A/N If you could find him a partner, it might distract him,
Maybe Elton John......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Homes for Gnomes by Owain Glyn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mary Elizabeth Frye
(13 November, 1905 - 15 September 2004)
- Mark Strand
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- God Only Knows!, Mohit Sharma
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- boy, love on this, Mandolyn ...
- To Purge, Amanda Purczynski