Homes for Gnomes
Would you give a gnome a home?
Sit him down on sculpted foam?
Find a pleasant shaded spot,
Not too cold, and not to hot.
Somewhere by your Goldfish pool,
They do like water, as a rule.
You'll need to keep your pet dog, clear,
Don't want him pissing in his ear.
And if you've got a crazy cat,
You'll need to just get rid of that.
As for the kids, don't be a fool,
Just send them off to private school.
The pleasure you will get is real,
Such happiness, you can't conceal.
A new dimension to your life,
And he won't nag, not like the wife! !
We bought one, the other day,
To be quite fair, it's in the way.
The bedroom really ain't the place,
To see its grinning, evil face.
Every time that I undress,
I feel it staring, I confess.
It seems to laugh, in measured glee,
Then, it's fishing rod, I see.
So, please, give a Gnome a home,
I'm sitting here, right by the phone......
A/N If you could find him a partner, it might distract him,
Maybe Elton John......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Homes for Gnomes by Owain Glyn )
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #3, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)