When I'm Not With You
I talk to myself when I'm not with you.
I say things for no reason.
I even answer myself sometimes
and pretend that you're just teasin'
I laugh silently so know one can hear
and wonder if I'm losing my mind.
But your absence has done this thing to me
and I think it's most unkind.
You should be near to hear my words
and comfort me on these days.
For then all this nonsense could leave me
and I could change my ways.
Or could I?
I think I'd be frightened you'd leave again
and things would be as before.
And slowly my mind would turn to mush
for I can't be without you anymore.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I'm Not With You by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dedication, Victor Cruickshank
- On his greatness, Laxman Rao
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Homophones, Victor Cruickshank
- Time, Victor Cruickshank