Trust is earned
But once violated
It’s difficult to regain
When do you trust?
Who do you trust?
You trust with your mind
You trust with your heart
You trust with honor
You trust with pride
You trust with expectations
But is putting trust in someone worth it?
Tell me, is it?
I’ve tried to trust
But ended up with betrayal
And cannot allow it to occur again
I opened my mind
Opened my heart
But only received
A shattered heart
Now I know not to trust so easily
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trust by Alisha Ricks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee