What Gives You Courage
Without fear there cannot be courage
Fear drives the unthinkable out of us
What gives you courage when there is none?
What gives you courage to get out of bed?
What gives you courage to drive when you know it's dangerous?
What gives you courage to succeed?
What gives you courage to survive?
What gives you courage to strive?
People have courage to live for their children
People have courage to live for themselves
People have courage to live for hope
People have courage because they believe
People have courage to not give up
Fear is not the essence of life
But a free soul not tamed
Courage is the journey of your heart
Guided by strength
On a path of untamed obstacles
Let courage guide you
As you begin your quest
Alisha Ricks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Gives You Courage by Alisha Ricks )
- THE MIND OF A BLACKSMITH..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
- An Act Of Hope, John Beaumont
- I wish, nishca koeries
- The Anklet, Evie Shockley
- An Act Of Contrition, John Beaumont
- TO THE GOLD STARS OF THE POEM HUNTER SIT.., M.D Dinesh Nair
- I dream therefore I am, Chenou Liu
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)