Alisha Ricks Poems
- Trust Trust is earned But once violated It’s difficult to ...
- What Defines Success What is the journey to success? ...
- What Gives You Courage Without fear there cannot be ...
- The Importance Of Education Each day that I wake up and turn ...
- Knowledge Is Power Education can open the doors to a new ...
- Beautiful Colors What are colors? Colors are all around us, ...
- Be Who You Are Be who you are Accepting yourself is a ...
I am someone who endures writing poetry. To me poetry is apart of communication because it can be so beautiful and uplifting. Poetry is like telling a short story using rhyme schemes and metaphors to express a certain feeling. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alisha Ricks
Trust is earned
But once violated
It’s difficult to regain
When do you trust?
Who do you trust?
You trust with your mind
You trust with your heart
You trust with honor
You trust with pride
You trust with expectations
But is putting trust in someone worth it?
Tell me, is it?
I’ve tried to trust
But ended up with betrayal
And cannot allow it to occur again
I opened my mind
Opened my heart
But only received
A shattered heart
Now I know not to trust so easily