Today... 'The Resurrection and The Life'
‘He's mine' boasted the grave in victory
'He is dead so now he belongs to me'
But Christ was King of kings and Lord of Lords
and Death and Hell have to obey His words.
He is the Resurrection and the Life
and He has conquered Death through sacrifice.
'Remove the grave clothing and let him go'
This Jesus has the power to make it so.
The grave can no more gloat in victory
It's been conquered by the King of Glory
Death no longer has any hold on me
now that my Lord Jesus has set me free
I was dead and in sins sepulchre lay
And then I heard the voice of Jesus say
'Roy come forth from the dead', I came to him
and stood at the cross wrapped in all my sin
He washed me in His blood so pure and clean
I was made the cleanest I'd ever been
Sins linen bands He removed from my soul
and I stood before Him restored and whole
Come witness the miracle taken place
Here stands a poor vile sinner saved by grace
For the Holy Spirit has quickened me
And the power of Jesus set me free
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Martha answered, 'I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.' Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? '
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Resurrection and the life'
Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!
Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!
2. Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
3. Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
Robert Lowry (1826-99)
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The Resurrection and The Life' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- TEBEHC OUR LOVE WILL FLOURISH, ANTHONY KIRUI
- How to Control the Beast, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Crestfallen, Gilbert Ortega
- The Vampire, Gilbert Ortega
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal