Today... 'The Rose of Sharon'
Oh sweet, sweet Rose of Sharon.
Dear God's One and Only Son.
Such beauty and love unfurled
when You blossomed in our world.
Spreading love everywhere
reaching out in tender care.
No other Rose can compare
To the Rose that blossomed there
In Gethsemane's garden
pleading there for my pardon.
In great suffering You cried
then hung on the cross and died.
O beautiful Rose of Sharon
Your blood so red like crimson.
That bleeding, cleansing flow
Has washed me whiter than snow.
For my life has been blessed
by Your love and righteousness.
The very splendour of Your life
is revealed in Your sacrifice.
(see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Rose of Sharon'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The Rose of Sharon' by Roy Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan