Today... 'The Rose of Sharon'
Oh sweet, sweet Rose of Sharon.
God's wonderful Beloved Son.
Such beauty and love unfurled
when You blossomed in our world.
You spread love everywhere
reaching out in tender care.
For no rose can compare
To the Rose that blossomed there
In Gethsemane's garden
pleading there for my pardon.
In great suffering You cried
then hung on the cross and died.
O beautiful Rose of Sharon
Your blood so red like crimson.
That bleeding, cleansing flow
Has washed me whiter than snow.
For my life has been blessed
by Your love and righteousness.
The very splendour of Your life
is revealed in Your sacrifice.
(see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Rose of Sharon'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The Rose of Sharon' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak