Today... 'The God Ready To Pardon'
Always ready to pardon is our God
ready to withdraw the punishing rod.
His arms outstretched wide to welcome us in
as the blood of Jesus cleanses our sin.
see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But You are God,
Ready to pardon,
Gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger,
Abundant in kindness,
And did not forsake them. (NKJV)
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The God ready to pardon'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The God Ready To Pardon' by Roy Allen )
- Bloomsbury Gang, Nassy Fesharaki
- Her pretty childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those visible clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cheater, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Intriguing Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Merry Christmas, Neela Nath
- My Life Is Charmed, Margaret Alice Second
- babbelen, xxx xxx
- Poem: Stirred, But Not Shaken, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Bipolar, louis rams
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)