Today... 'The God Ready To Pardon'
Always ready to pardon is our God
ready to withdraw the punishing rod.
His arms outstretched wide to welcome us in
as the blood of Jesus cleanses our sin.
see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But You are God,
Ready to pardon,
Gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger,
Abundant in kindness,
And did not forsake them. (NKJV)
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The God ready to pardon'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The God Ready To Pardon' by Roy Allen )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1644 - 1694)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Sir Walter Scott
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- God Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Further, Michael P. McParland
- Fulfillment, Michael P. McParland
- Frustration, Michael P. McParland
- Psycho Babble Scribble Squabble And Scra.., Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Free, Michael P. McParland
- Forgotten, Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me?, Michael P. McParland
- The Hermit, David Lessard
- Forever Yours, Michael P. McParland