Today... 'The God who formed you'
I was intricately woven upon Your heavenly loom
As You carefully knit me together in my mother's womb
In that most secret of places when my conception took place
Ready at the time of my birth to enter the human race
Before the first moment of my earthly existence began
You had written in Your book my inmost being and life plan
Each syllable penned and words in calligraphy composed
There the sentences were handwritten and the paragraphs flowed
From the first chapter of my birth to the last one of my death
Each had been thoughtfully written before I'd taken a breath
I praise You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made
The handiwork of My Great Creator is in me displayed
Living letters turned into syllables and then became words.
These words began to form phrases and the sentences emerged.
Chapters made out of many paragraphs were arranged with care
each carefully written by You in the book of my life there.
For my life is now that book to be read by everyone
because it speaks of Your Grace and the wonders Jesus has done.
For in Your mercy before the world was made and time began
You had included Roy Allen in Your great Salvation plan.
(see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. (King James Version)
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The God who formed you'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The God who formed you' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Once More, Marites C. Cayetano
- Now it is my turn, gajanan mishra
- The Riches, Cee Bea
- Forgotten, Priyanka Bhowmick
- The courage to fight, Yisel Chong
- Segment replicates the Whole, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Monday After The Weekend, Ernest Elliot Daka
- More than my knowing, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- These are snow, as far as I know, Pijush Biswas
- 1, Diane Hine