Today... 'He who comes from heaven'
Descending from the heavens He came down
born as a baby in Bethlehem town.
Emmanuel, God dwelling upon this earth
born into our world by a virgin birth.
The Almighty God condensed to a span
came on earth to tabernacle with man.
He walked our way talked earth's language
reached out to us and helped calm our anguish.
Speaking words of Wisdom and words of Life
and defeating Satan through sacrifice.
The Bread of God given that we might eat.
In Christ we shall will live and be complete.
(see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
John 6: 33—For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and gives life unto the world. (King James Version)
John 6: 50—This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. (King James Version)
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
"The Carpenters Son"
Comments about this poem (Today... 'He who comes from heaven' by Roy Allen )
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You, Jose Orozco
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)