Today... 'He who comes from heaven'
Descending from the heavens He came down
born as a baby in Bethlehem town.
Emmanuel, God dwelling upon this earth
born into our world by a virgin birth.
The Almighty God condensed to a span
came on earth to tabernacle with man.
He walked our way talked earth's language
reached out to us and helped calm our anguish.
Speaking words of Wisdom and words of Life
and defeating Satan through sacrifice.
The Bread of God given that we might eat.
In Christ we shall will live and be complete.
(see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
John 6: 33—For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and gives life unto the world. (King James Version)
John 6: 50—This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. (King James Version)
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
"The Carpenters Son"
Comments about this poem (Today... 'He who comes from heaven' by Roy Allen )
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- I SLEEP FOR A DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Modern Indian English Poetess, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Soul, Richard Bretton
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)