Today... 'He who formed me in the womb'
You wove my life on Your heavenly loom,
knit me together in my mother's womb,
embroidering the fabric of each day,
before I had begun to walk life's way,
and as each intricate stitch was made
Your wonderful handiwork was displayed.
see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Isaiah 44: 1-3
This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
Isaiah 44: 24
'This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Jeremiah 1: 5
'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'He who formed me in the womb'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'He who formed me in the womb' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham
- UNWANTED, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In my poems each word, gajanan mishra
- The silent Witness, Angell Afinowi
- Peaceful Faculty-5, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Peaceful Faculty-4, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dear Mom! Please Come Back, Raj DEVAN
- Peaceful Faculty-3, Pranab K. Chakraborty