Tarrakkul the Gazzele
To The Same Boy
On the road we meet, just pass by I should say,
Our eyes meet for a startling moment, then we go our own ways.
Every time I see you my heart skips a beat,
Every time you see me you turn away and look at your feet.
All of the people but you whisper about me,
They say that I am beautiful, what foreign land I am from they cannot see.
But you, you walk without hesitating, you think not of of me,
While others turn their heads to look back as I walk through the streets,
You go straight forward, giving me no second glance.
I marvel at you, you jewel among pebbles,
Mystery that you are, you have caught my heart.
Other men call to me as I walk by, you are not like them,
I have ignored them all along, my heart has never been given away.
Sitting at my window I pick you out of the crowd easily, you tower above the others,
Their silly jokes are not yours, you remain silent and wise.
You have not the swaggering walk of your people, you walk with grace, who are you?
Your eyes are black, your hair is black, your clothes are black, your skin is dark, but your heart is white, and pure.
You are a prince, your beauty is better than riches, your self control better than power over others.
Wise and unlike other men are you, you guard your heart from falling in love.
One hundred men greet me, one thousand swoon over the mention of my name, but I am unmoved.
They scheme and plan, fighting over me, but I will never belong to them.
I belong to my Father in heaven, and I pray everyday that you will soon too.
But until then, I must pass you on the road, and not speak to you,
I must treat you as all the other men, those who I am not allowed to speak to.
If it is the will of the Lord, then one day I will be yours, but my heart is not my own to give away,
And in the will of my loving God I must stay.
Written on August 14th,2011.
Tarrakkul the Gazzele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Sincerely, Tarrakkul the Gazzel, of Croation decent, of American Citizenship, and of another part of the world :)
Comments about this poem (To The Same Boy by Tarrakkul the Gazzele )
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ분당오피녀 ⓑ시화오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 분당오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Contemplations, Dr Amit Gokhale
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ부산오피녀 ⓑ시흥오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 시흥오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동묘오피녀 ⓑ대전오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동묘오피 KTwiz 대전오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Needing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drivers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Respect the seniments, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Heart and I, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)