To Prove My Love
You ask me to prove my love to you
I have to laugh! For how can I pull the sun?
The moon, the stars from the skies
And stop the oceans from beating against the shores
As my heart loves you more.
How can I stop the rains from coming down?
Or ask the rivers to stop their flow
For I know not – which way they go!
How can I get the birds to sing their happy songs?
While with you I walk along, feeling the pulse in your hand
As my heart goes to a promised land.
A land where only love dwells
As it casts its magic spell.
How can I prove my love for you? It’s not that easy to do!
But I will show you the best that I can
Just hold on to my hand.
You will fly with me to places you’ve never been before
As I open up every door.
You’ll see the dazzling lights that love can bring
And the love songs that the angels sing.
You’ll see the beauties of the mountain tops
And the flowing rivers that never stop.
We’ll fly thru the valleys and watch the water falls
Cascading to the rivers below, and the rainbow all aglow.
I will fly you across rivers and streams
And show you sights you’ve never seen.
All of these just to prove my love for you
Just so you could see my heart is forever true.
This is how much I love you!
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To Prove My Love by louis rams )
- Frae the friends and land I love, Robert Burns
- The Fête Champêtre, Robert Burns
- From ' Lachrymæ Lachrymarum', Joseph Hall
- Friendship Way, Paul Sebastian
- Psalm VII, Joseph Hall
- Drogman*, Translation of Pierre Emmanuel.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)