To Prove My Love
You ask me to prove my love to you
I have to laugh! For how can I pull the sun?
The moon, the stars from the skies
And stop the oceans from beating against the shores
As my heart loves you more.
How can I stop the rains from coming down?
Or ask the rivers to stop their flow
For I know not – which way they go!
How can I get the birds to sing their happy songs?
While with you I walk along, feeling the pulse in your hand
As my heart goes to a promised land.
A land where only love dwells
As it casts its magic spell.
How can I prove my love for you? It’s not that easy to do!
But I will show you the best that I can
Just hold on to my hand.
You will fly with me to places you’ve never been before
As I open up every door.
You’ll see the dazzling lights that love can bring
And the love songs that the angels sing.
You’ll see the beauties of the mountain tops
And the flowing rivers that never stop.
We’ll fly thru the valleys and watch the water falls
Cascading to the rivers below, and the rainbow all aglow.
I will fly you across rivers and streams
And show you sights you’ve never seen.
All of these just to prove my love for you
Just so you could see my heart is forever true.
This is how much I love you!
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To Prove My Love by louis rams )
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Little Taquerias, Gouda Moon
- She's a Taxicab, Gouda Moon
- Fire-Flies, Saheb Mohapatra
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)