To Prove My Love
You ask me to prove my love to you
I have to laugh! For how can I pull the sun?
The moon, the stars from the skies
And stop the oceans from beating against the shores
As my heart loves you more.
How can I stop the rains from coming down?
Or ask the rivers to stop their flow
For I know not – which way they go!
How can I get the birds to sing their happy songs?
While with you I walk along, feeling the pulse in your hand
As my heart goes to a promised land.
A land where only love dwells
As it casts its magic spell.
How can I prove my love for you? It’s not that easy to do!
But I will show you the best that I can
Just hold on to my hand.
You will fly with me to places you’ve never been before
As I open up every door.
You’ll see the dazzling lights that love can bring
And the love songs that the angels sing.
You’ll see the beauties of the mountain tops
And the flowing rivers that never stop.
We’ll fly thru the valleys and watch the water falls
Cascading to the rivers below, and the rainbow all aglow.
I will fly you across rivers and streams
And show you sights you’ve never seen.
All of these just to prove my love for you
Just so you could see my heart is forever true.
This is how much I love you!
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To Prove My Love by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood