(in the news) human trafficking and slavery
something that should have gone out
with the dark ages 'still rages'.
human trafficking and slavery for the almighty dollar
and no one to hear the screams and hollers.
young children being forced into prostitution
and not one country with a solution.
parents selling their children to get out of debt
just to make ends meet
a problem which they can not defeat.
yet we classify ourselves as humane?
now that's a crying shame.
if your mother or father was sold as a slave
is that the road that you would pave?
they steal the most precious things
from these boys and girls.
their innocence and their childhood
and turn around and say it's good!
these people say that it's too late
and of no use, to try to stop this
maybe it's time for noahs ark
to reappear, and instill in their hearts
the almightys fear.
but the LORD had done this once before
and we had found another door.
so i guess the solution is not
just for the LORD to decide.
but for all of humanity to see
that this destruction has exceeded their realities.
the LORD has to soften our hearts
and weaken our minds
in the hopes that we will find
all the values we left behind.
'SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND'
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((in the news) human trafficking and slavery by louis rams )
- Inner Peace, Leong Ming Loong
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
- ABSENCE OF LOVE, Ali Faisal
- Black Friar, Naveed Khalid
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- For Some Slight I Can't Quite Recall, Ross Gay
- Surf song, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)