(in the news) human trafficking and slavery
something that should have gone out
with the dark ages 'still rages'.
human trafficking and slavery for the almighty dollar
and no one to hear the screams and hollers.
young children being forced into prostitution
and not one country with a solution.
parents selling their children to get out of debt
just to make ends meet
a problem which they can not defeat.
yet we classify ourselves as humane?
now that's a crying shame.
if your mother or father was sold as a slave
is that the road that you would pave?
they steal the most precious things
from these boys and girls.
their innocence and their childhood
and turn around and say it's good!
these people say that it's too late
and of no use, to try to stop this
maybe it's time for noahs ark
to reappear, and instill in their hearts
the almightys fear.
but the LORD had done this once before
and we had found another door.
so i guess the solution is not
just for the LORD to decide.
but for all of humanity to see
that this destruction has exceeded their realities.
the LORD has to soften our hearts
and weaken our minds
in the hopes that we will find
all the values we left behind.
'SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND'
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((in the news) human trafficking and slavery by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey