Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Three views of a scholarly person for being a human!
One should not lose self control to follow her in suit,
Even if a woman comes after you with desire and lust!
One should not have fondly desire for other’s articles what may,
Even if it reaches your hand after a long search of you!
One does not mind without due regard for the virtuous life,
Desirous of assets like land etc considering not, what is unsafe!
Are the above said three views of a scholarly person
Who read the books with subtle ideas for being a human!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Three views of a scholarly person for being a human! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
பெண் விழைந்து பின் செலினும், தன் செலவில் குன்றாமை;
கண் விழைந்து கையுறினும், காதல் பொருட்கு இன்மை;
மண் விழைந்து, வாழ் நாள் மதியாமை; -இம் மூன்றும்
நுண் விழைந்த நூலவர் நோக்கு.29 திரிகடுகம்