Three views of a scholarly person for being a human!
One should not lose self control to follow her in suit,
Even if a woman comes after you with desire and lust!
One should not have fondly desire for other’s articles what may,
Even if it reaches your hand after a long search of you!
One does not mind without due regard for the virtuous life,
Desirous of assets like land etc considering not, what is unsafe!
Are the above said three views of a scholarly person
Who read the books with subtle ideas for being a human!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Three views of a scholarly person for being a human! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
பெண் விழைந்து பின் செலினும், தன் செலவில் குன்றாமை;
கண் விழைந்து கையுறினும், காதல் பொருட்கு இன்மை;
மண் விழைந்து, வாழ் நாள் மதியாமை; -இம் மூன்றும்
நுண் விழைந்த நூலவர் நோக்கு.29 திரிகடுகம்
Comments about this poem (Three views of a scholarly person for being a human! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart