In the corner of her closet
the familiar sharp knife
that is speckled with
red and white cells.
She caresses it
as if it were something
very dear to her.
'I never really was your friend.
I only was because
I did not want you to be lonely.'
Everyone deserves someone
who cares for them -
She cuts her wrist
for the first truth.
'I wanted you to be happy
instead of always so
pessimistic and melancholy.'
Angrily she slits her vein.
She lets out
a sigh of relief
as the liquid trickles
down her pale arm.
Truth number two.
'I don't want to
be friends with
a girl with scars
and cuts on her wrists.'
She enjoys the adrenaline
of watching blood
and all her defects
come gushing out.
They had been intoxicating
her precious body.
'I have other friends
who also care about me.
I don't need you.'
The last and final truth.
The cold glistening knife
touches her skin
and she makes
an incision slowly
so the pain lasts
a while longer.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Three Truths by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns