Too good for me
Many people think
but I know
I'm not crazy
to believe you and me
can one day travel
to every city near and far.
the French Tower
and eat baguettes;
in the ruins of Athens
we'll find ourselves
and maybe in Cairo too.
Some people say
you're too good for me
and I believe them
that's why I pursue
someone much greater
I, the lowly peasant,
fell for the royal prince
much to my dismay
and in turn
I have been set aside
to be drawn
into a Picasso or Van Gogh.
Day and night
your hollow cheeks
and dirty blonde hair
in hopes of eventually strolling
through the streets of Florence.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Too good for me by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Prayer, Naveed Khalid
- Heart Thieves, douglas scotney
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki